Are you looking to cancel your CVS Carepass subscription? CVS Carepass is CVS Pharmacy’s membership program that offers benefits like free 1-2 day Rx delivery, free shipping, and extra bucks rewards for $5 per month. However, you may decide it’s no longer worth paying for the membership for whatever reason.
Canceling your CVS Carepass subscription is easy to do but not clearly advertised by CVS. In this blog post, I’ll walk you through step-by-step instructions on how to cancel CVS Carepass quickly online or by contacting customer service. You can cancel your membership whether you signed up online, in-store, or through the CVS Pharmacy app. Read on to learn how to remove recurring billing charges and cancel your CVS Carepass membership hassle-free.
By the end of this post, you’ll know how to take control of your subscriptions and say goodbye to CVS Carepass once and for all. Saving that $5 per month can add up over time, giving you more flexibility with your healthcare budget. Let’s get started with this easy CVS Carepass cancellation guide!
Reason for Deleting Cancel your CVS Carepass Membership:
There can be various reasons why you might want to cancel your CVS Carepass membership. Some common reasons include:
- Financial constraints: You may find it necessary to cut unnecessary expenses, and canceling Carepass can help achieve that.
- Lack of utilization: If you rarely take advantage of the benefits and perks offered by Carepass, it may not be worth continuing the subscription.
- Change in personal circumstances: Life events such as moving to a new location where CVS may not be as accessible or changes in healthcare coverage may make Carepass redundant for you.
- Unsatisfactory service: If you are not satisfied with the level of service or the benefits provided by Carepass, canceling it may be the appropriate action.
- Alternative options: You may have found alternative subscription services or programs that better suit your needs, making Carepass unnecessary.
Now, let’s delve into the main body of the blog post.
How to Cancel CVS Carepass Online
Cancelling online is by far the fastest way to cancel your CVS Carepass account. Here’s what to do:
- Go to www.carepass.com and click “Account Settings”
- Click on the “Cancel Membership” button
- Confirm the cancellation by clicking “Yes”
And that’s it! The CVS Carepass website will confirm your subscription is cancelled and recurring billing stopped. Going forward, you’ll no longer be charged the $5 monthly fee.
Cancel Through the CVS Mobile App
If you originally signed up through the CVS Pharmacy app, you can also cancel your account through the app:
- Open the CVS app and click the “Account” icon
- Choose “CarePass”
- Tap on “Cancel Membership” and confirm
After confirming your cancellation, your Carepass membership will be terminated and monthly billing ended.
Cancel Carepass by Contacting CVS Customer Service
Don’t want to deal with technology? Here are the old-school steps to cancel Carepass:
- Call CVS customer service at 1-800-SHOP-CVS (1-800-746-7287)
- Speak to a representative and request to cancel your Carepass membership
- Confirm your cancellation over the phone
A customer service agent will take care of cancelling your account and stopping the $5 monthly cost.
And that’s all there is to it! With these simple steps, you can say goodbye to Carepass quickly. Now you’ll have that extra $5 per month in your pocket going forward.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will my cancellation take effect?
Immediately – your next scheduled payment will not be processed.
Can I get a refund for unused months I paid for?
Unfortunately, no. CVS will not refund any unused portions of paid memberships.
What happens to my ExtraBucks rewards?
Any unused ExtraBucks will still be available in your account. However, you’ll stop accruing new ones each month.
Does cancelling impact my pharmacy benefits?
No, cancelling Carepass only stops the membership – your pharmacy prescriptions and benefits are separate.
Cancelling CVS Carepass can be straightforward if you follow the steps outlined in this blog post. Whether it’s due to financial constraints, lack of utilization, or unsatisfactory service, knowing how to cancel your subscription is essential. Remember to review the related FAQs for additional information and clarity. Take control of your subscriptions and ensure they align with your current needs and priorities.
Muntasir is a freelance writer and blogger who covers topics related to technology, gadgets, and gaming. He has a passion for new and innovative technology and enjoys sharing his knowledge with others.