Founded in 1994, Amazon is a multinational technology company based in the United States that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence. Amazon is the largest e-commerce marketplace and cloud computing platform in the world as measured by revenue and market capitalization. Amazon.com was founded by Jeff Bezos in Bellevue, Washington. The company started as an online bookstore and later diversified to sell DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, video downloads/streaming, MP3 downloads/streaming, audiobook downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewelry. The company also owns a publishing arm, Amazon Publishing, a film and television studio, Amazon Studios, and a cloud computing subsidiary, Amazon Web Services. It is also the world’s largest provider of cloud infrastructure services (IaaS and PaaS) through its AWS subsidiary. Amazon has separate retail websites for some countries and also offers international shipping of some of its products to certain other countries. 100 million people subscribe to Amazon Prime.
There are many reasons why someone might delete their Amazon account. Maybe they’re concerned about privacy and data security, or maybe they’re just tired of Amazon’s constant upselling and marketing. Whatever the reason, deleting an Amazon account is relatively simple and only takes a few minutes.
If you want to delete your account, you can do so by following the steps below.
Amazon Account : Step-By-Step Deleting Process
1. Go to Amazon.com and log into your account.
2. Hover over the Accounts & Lists tab and click on Your Account.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Manage Your Content and Devices link.
4. On the next page, click on the Devices tab.
5. Select the device you want to delete your Amazon account from and click on the Deregister button.
6. On the next page, click on the Delete Your Account button.
7. Enter your password and click on the Continue button.
8. On the next page, click on the Delete Account button.
1. How do I delete my Amazon account?
To delete your Amazon account, you must first close your account and then contact customer service to have your account permanently deleted. To close your account, sign in and go to Your Account > Settings. Scroll down to the “Close your account” section and click the “Close your account” button. Once your account is closed, you’ll need to contact customer service to have your account permanently deleted.
2. How do I contact Amazon customer service?
To contact Amazon customer service, you can call 1-888-280-4331 or go to their Contact Us page and fill out the form.
3. What happens if I delete my Amazon account?
Deleting your Amazon account will permanently delete your account and any data associated with it, including your order history, wishlists, and recommendations.
4. Can I delete my Amazon account and start over?
Yes, you can delete your Amazon account and start over, but you will lose all your data, including your order history, wishlists, and recommendations.
5. I accidentally deleted my Amazon account, can I get it back?
Unfortunately, once you delete your Amazon account, it cannot be recovered.
The Sum Up!
If you’re sure you want to delete your Amazon account, you can contact customer service to begin the process. Customer service will verify your identity and then delete your account. Once your account is deleted, you will not be able to recover any of your data or purchases.
I’m Kevin Harkin, a technology expert and writer. With more than 20 years of tech industry experience, I founded several successful companies. With my expertise in the field, I am passionate about helping others make the most of technology to improve their lives.