GroupMe is an application that allows groups of people to communicate in real-time. The app provides read receipts, group chat, audio and video messaging, location sharing, and more useful features.
On the other side, GroupMe privacy is too weak, there doesn’t have an end-to-end encryption protocol. That’s means, GroupMe delegates can read your conversations if they need to or are instructed to do so by the government. They’re also has sexualized content that user can access too much easy. That’s a serious problem for kids.
However, If you don’t use Groupme any longer and want to remove your data from this application. In this article, I will guide you on how to delete your GroupMe account permanently.
Let’s do it.
Groupme is supported on windows, android, ios, and web versions. So, you can delete your account from any device that you have.
Step 1: From your web browser, Go to “https://web.groupme.com/” to log in to your account. Click on login on the top right corner, Then provide a username and correct password to log in to your account.
- If you opened account with Facebook, Microsoft, or Apple account.So,login with that’s account.
Step 2: After login into your account, click on the avatar icon to open your profile. Then click the edit option, where you can edit your name, email, password, and phone number.
Step 3: Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Delete GroupMe Account”.
Step 4: Appear in a confirmation popup and Click to “Continue” button. This will take you to a new page.
- If you were owner of any group, you must transfer ownership to a new owner from the group member list or close the group permanently.
Step 5: Type your login password to confirm that you want to delete your account.
Deleting a GroupMe Account using Smartphone
- Tap to open Group me app and click on login button from bottom on the page.
- Login into your account providing your username and password.
- Click on three lines menu from the top left corner. Then tap on profile from the avatar icon.
- Here you find pen icon that is editing option, click on it.
- Then tap on the Delete GroupMe account option.
- Type your correct password and tap continue button.
[NOTE: Before deleting your account, transfer group ownership if you have any group in this GroupMe account.]
Deleting a GroupMe account is petty simple. If you follow this guide step by step, you can delete your GroupMe account forever.
what happens if you delete your GroupMe account?
After deleting your GroupMe account, You will lose your all data and be unable to access login your account. But if you want to reactive your account within 2 days. So, you can reactive your account. simply click on the confirmation email and follow email instructions.
I’m Kevin Harkin, a technology expert and writer. With more than 20 years of tech industry experience, I founded several successful companies. With my expertise in the field, I am passionate about helping others make the most of technology to improve their lives.