Fanfiction is a form of fan labor in which fans write and publish stories about characters and settings from books, movies, TV shows, video games, or any other form of popular media. Fanfiction stories are typically published on the internet, and many of them are published on fanfiction websites like FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own.
The vast majority of fanfiction is published for free and without any kind of compensation for the author, although some authors do sell their stories or accept donations. Fanfiction is a labor of love, and many authors write because they enjoy creating stories about their favourite characters and worlds.
Some people delete their fanfiction for different reasons. Maybe they are moving on to other fandoms, they lost interest in writing or they just don’t like fanfiction anymore.
Whatever the reasons, if someone wants to delete their account on Fanfiction.net, they should follow these steps.
With that said, here‘s how to delete your Fanfiction.net account:
1. Login with your email and password on the Fanfiction website.
2. Then go to the profile option of your account.
3. Here will find a few different options here. Then click on the Settings button.
4. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Delete Account button.
5. Type your password to confirm that you want to delete the account.
6. That’s ok. Then your account will be permanently deleted.
Deleting Fanfiction Account by Email
- First, go to your email that was registered with the website.
- Now Click the compose option an email and “[email protected]” type the email in the “To option”.
- Then write “REQUEST TO DELETE MY FANFICTION ACCOUNT”. In the subject option.
- Now write username, and email address, and explain deleting honest reason. Send an email and wait for at least 30 days to get any kind of response.
Q: Will I be able to retrieve my stories after I delete my account?
A: No, once you delete your account, all of your stories, reviews, and messages will be removed from the site and cannot be recovered.
Q: Can I delete my account if I have a premium membership?
A: Yes, you can delete your account regardless of your membership status.
Q: I changed my mind! Can I undelete my account?
A: Unfortunately, once you delete your account, it cannot be undone.
Q: Will my username and email address be available for others to use after I delete my account?
A: No, your username and email address will be permanently associated with your deleted account and cannot be used to create a new account.
Q: Will my stories still be visible to others if I delete my account?
A: No, all of your stories will be removed from the site along with your account.
Deleting your Fanfiction.net account is a permanent decision, so be sure that you really want to do it before proceeding. Keep in mind that all of your stories, reviews, and messages will be removed from the site and cannot be recovered once you delete your account. If you have any further questions, you can contact Fanfiction.net customer support for more information.
I’m Kevin Harkin, a technology expert and writer. With more than 20 years of tech industry experience, I founded several successful companies. With my expertise in the field, I am passionate about helping others make the most of technology to improve their lives.