If you’re looking to delete a PlayStation Network sub account, there are a few things you need to know. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of deleting a sub account, as well as answer some frequently asked questions about the process.
The first thing you need to know is that you can only delete a sub account if it is inactive. An inactive account is one that has not been used to sign in to PlayStation Network for at least 12 months. If your account is active, you will need to deactivate it before you can delete it.
How To Delete Psn Sub Account
To delete an inactive sub-account, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your master account.
2. Select ‘Account Management’ from the PlayStation Network column.
3. Select ‘Account Information’ from the options.
4. Select ‘Privacy Settings.’
5. Select ‘Delete Account.’
6. Enter your password when prompted, then select ‘Delete Account.’
Frequently asked questions:
If you have any questions about deleting a PlayStation Network sub-account, here are some answers to some frequently asked questions:
1. Can I delete my account if it is active?
No, you can only delete an account if it is inactive. An inactive account is one that has not been used to sign in to PlayStation Network for at least 12 months.
2. How do I know if my account is active or inactive?
If your account is active, you will see the date of your last login under the ‘Account Management’ section of your account. If your account is inactive, this date will not be displayed.
3. Can I reactivate my account after I delete it?
No, once you delete your account, it cannot be reactivated.
4. What happens to my account information when I delete it?
When you delete your account, all of your account information, including your PlayStation Network ID, will be permanently deleted.
5. What happens to my trophies when I delete my account?
Your trophies will remain on your PlayStation account even if you delete your account.
In conclusion, deleting a PlayStation Network sub-account is a permanent process that cannot be undone. Before you delete your account, be sure that you understand the implications of doing so.
I’m Kevin Harkin, a technology expert and writer. With more than 20 years of tech industry experience, I founded several successful companies. With my expertise in the field, I am passionate about helping others make the most of technology to improve their lives.